Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Setting Myself Up to Fail

Is the premise of taking daily pictures of  The Lake setting myself up for failure?   It sounds easy enough until life's variables come your way.

I was back to work for two days and am now home with a heck of a cold.  Could hardly talk yesterday. Don't remember having laryngitis that bad before.  I had the Catman take a chicken out of the freezer last night.  It's simmering on the stove with some celery & onion.  Lovely smells are wafting through the house.   Makes me think of my mom!  

It would be lovely if our mom's could always be here to take care of us when we're sick, just like when we were little.   I was thinking of her last night too, when I felt so miserable, and  I remembered that she used to make me hot lemonade when I had a sore throat and a cold.   Fortunately, I had a lemon in the fridge, so I did just that.   Drinking it really brought back the memories!  And it helped my throat.  If I had had some, I probably would have gotten out the Vick's Vapor Rub too, because that's what she would have done. 

I don't think I'll be making the trek for pictures today, unless I feel amazingly better this afternoon.  I'll also miss my knitting group tonight - third week in a row!   But, I will be knitting today, and that's always a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. Life is filled with variables, both tremendous and miniscule, in there impact on us but, the one constant will always be those memories which transport us back to the times we cherish so.

    ReplyDelete