Tuesday, January 10, 2012

All good things must come to an end!

It's another gorgeous day in Minnesota.  52 degrees.  Crazy!   But, winter is coming back, or so they say. 


I spent time at the "Little Beach" today.   Saw lots of people out walking, biking, rollerblading, and just enjoying this amazing day.     

These Weeping Willows are beautiful no matter what the season. 

 I love these pines.  Makes it seem a little like you're 'Up North'. 

Oh, shiny!  The sunlight was really bouncing of the ice.  I'm not that good with my camera yet to catch it.  Using the auto setting.   I really wanted to stop on my way to work this morning.  The full moon setting over the lake is lovely, but again, I'm not up to snuff on shooting in the dark either, but I'm working on it.  I'm using my old Olympus.  It's about 10 years old, my first digital.   It's pretty bulky by today's standards, but it's all I have right now.  I noticed the label on it states it's the "world's smallest optical 10x digital camera."  It definitely wouldn't fit in a pocket!  It has a nice 10x zoom, which I love.   Problem - I can't find the instruction manual.  I'll keep looking.  I had a small Canon Powershot, but the zoom lens broke and it would cost more to fix it than to buy a new one.   This is part of my process though, as I learn to use my camera better my pictures should improve.  That's the theory anyway.   


1 comment:

  1. Nice shot of the weeping willow, The pic of the refection off the lake looks like it was taken from a distance, from above.... like ithe way it turned out.

    Howie =}

    ReplyDelete