Sunday, April 15, 2012

Bad Picture Day

I've only walked The Lake once this week- yesterday.  Just started across the bridge when I ran into my wonderful friend, Jody.  She was already about three-quarters of the way around, but agreed to turn back and walk with me.   We haven't had a chance to walk together in a very long time. 





While on the bridge we noticed lots of carp surfacing and then sinking back down.  I tried to get pictures, but they didn't turn out very well.   This is the best I could do.......



















I noticed one loon near the Little Beach.  I've been watching for them.
He was also difficult to shoot.  Just when I had him in focus he'd dive.   Then I had to wait until he surfaced somwhere else - I always guessed in the wrong direction - and try to focus again.


This obviously will not go down in history as my best photo shoot ever!
The important thing is, I had a lovely walk with a very good friend on a beautiful day. 


I also ran into the guitar player, Brandon.   He greeted me with "Hi lady who took my picture, I'm sorry I can't remember your name."   I told him, and he shook my hand and said he'd remember next time.  Then he biked off with his guitar on his back. 

I wonder if he would have recognized me if I hadn't had my camera hanging from my neck?  Would I have recognized him without his guitar?  Probably not.  A lot of people have props of some sort that help distinguish them from the crowd. The novice bike rider and his dad.   If it was just the boy and the bike, or just the dad and the boy without the bike, I don't think I'd recognize them.   Same with Speedo Man.  If he was fully dressed and didn't have his two little white dogs with him, who would recognize him?  Not me!

No comments:

Post a Comment