Saturday, April 7, 2012

Let Your Light Shine





Look how green everything is!   It seems like it happens overnight.

Yes, it's another tree.  I can't help myself.  They're all so beautiful and unique.  They have their own personalities.  This one is so graceful.  It seems feminine to me, a woman's shape and grace.  Unfortunately, her nipped waist is not so lovely when you look at her from the side.  










I'm wondering if they'll be removing her soon?
The Park Board has been leaving large limbs that fall partially into the lake, and decaying trees along the shoreline,  as part of their naturalization and habitat revitalization program.  But this one is right on the walking path.  Seems a little more dangerous to leave it.

The downed trees really are providing a lot more cover for the wildlife.  I've seen at least 5 pair of nesting mallards tucked in here and there.  I'm sure there's more.  I can't wait to see all the ducklings swimming around!

The Dandelions are making an appearance.  I don't know what the little blue flowers are, but they're very dainty.  They look like they could be a type of lobelia.

All the flowering trees are lovely, but they're triggering  my allergies, but, they won't be blooming for very long, and then things will quiet down.   In the meantime there's antihistamines and eyedrops.



I almost missed this:
   I'm trying!



These pictures were actually taken yesterday 4/6/12, but I didn't finish my editing last night.  Today is rainy and cold and gray. 




No comments:

Post a Comment