Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Post Without A Title Because I Can't Come Up With Anything Witty

What a lovely morning for a walk, and what great company I had.   My very favorite sister-in-law e-mailed me earlier this week saying she and her husband (Catman's brother) were thinking of coming in Saturday morning to walk around (she) and bike around (he) the lake, and asked if we'd care to join them.  Catman's nursing a bum knee, so I said no for him, but that I'd love to walk with her.  I also invited them to stay for lunch and we'd grill.  I was off from work yesterday, and knowing how my dear brother-in-law loves my homemade baked beans, I made a small roaster full for today.  Also made some Rice Krispie Bars.  It's summer, it's a barbecue, ya gotta have Rice Krispie Bars.  I was just hoping that there would be some left for us after Catboy found them when he got home last night.

I had Terri on the lookout for the Great Blue Heron, and lo and behold, we found him right where I had seen him before, sitting out in the water on the limb of a downed tree.  He's magnificent! 
Near him, on another limb of the same tree, were a pair of turtles getting some sun. 

We had a nice walk, waved at Doug a few times when he went by on the bike path, talked a lot, and enjoyed the morning.  We were about half way around when I offered Terrie a Dove Dark Chocolate.
I knew she wouldn't say no.  She laughed when I told her I always carry a few in my belly bag, "cause you never know when you might get lost and need some sustenance."  Who am I kidding?  I just like a chocolate every now and then!   There are little sayings inside each wrapper of  Dove chocolates.  They were very appropriate today.  Mine said  "Take this moment. Enjoy it."   Terri's said "You are exactly where you are supposed to be."  And she was, and I did!

A bit past the little beach I spied another mother duck with  some very little ducklings foraging in one of the little puddles still left in the grass from the high water.   We counted 13 ducklings!!  The lighting wasn't great, and I didn't dare get any closer, so this is the best I could get.  
I had to doctor the color on this a bit so we could see that they are ducklings.  Maybe I'll get that 2nd chance tomorrow?

We got home and cooled off with some iced tea, and than Catman grilled us some great burgers.  We had a nice relaxing lunch with lots of laughs.  A lovely way to spend a Saturday morning with two of our very favorite people!

No comments:

Post a Comment