Monday, November 19, 2012

Catching Up

SURPRISE!  Miss me?  I've missed you!  I have lots of pictures and things to write about, but I won't do it all in one sitting.  I admit that I haven't been walking as much as I should, but I haven't been just sitting around either.  We've been busy with the house - fall clean up time.  Raking, putting the gardens to bed, and putting all the hoses and garden tools away.  You all know the drill.   

And of course Halloween came and went.

Yes, it's me.  And the lovely redhead is Kathy.  Kathy was my 6th grade teacher.  I know, it's really hard to believe.  When I told people I was going to have coffee with my 6th grade teacher, they asked if I was going to a nursing home to see her.  Obviously not the case.   We were Kathy's first class.  She was fresh out of college and thrown in with a bunch know-it-all, hormonally charged, 12 year olds, and she survived!  She was a great teacher, and I was lucky to have been in her class.  Thanks Kathy!  I really enjoyed our visit, and hope we can do it again.
When I left the coffee shop I drove toward the lake and ran smack dab into this..........

Fortunately, I had my camera with!

It was so mild out today that I cancelled an after work appointment so I could take a walk around the lake.  The Park Board people have been busy getting everything ready for winter.   The docks have all been pulled or  anchored  off shore where they'll spend the winter.


The red life saving boards have been put out, along with the ice not safe signs.
No ice yet - it was 60 degrees today.
But they're ready.  Got your skates sharpened?
I didn't see any robins, they've finally left town, but there are plenty of ducks and geese still hanging around. 
My favorite willows.  They're always beautiful.

COMING SOON:
What I Meant To Write About This Summer - Part 2
and
Signs, Signs, Everywhere a Sign


I probably won't be back until after Thanksgiving - cooking and cleaning to do.  Do you think four pies will be enough for eight people?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment