Sunday, December 30, 2012

The End - Or Maybe The Beginning?

Wow!  I just spent two hours writing my final blog, uploading pictures, posted it, and then it deleted!   Good karma no more.  Let me see if I can do this again.

It's been a year now since I started this blog.  A year of growth for me.  I've enjoyed my journey.  I have more confidence in myself.  I have met new people along the way, and have spent quality time with old friends and family.    I found time to sit and reflect, to catch my breath, to find peace.  The beauty I have witnessed as brought me joy.   And all of this has happened while walking around this lovely little lake that I've known my entire life. 

I'm going to post some of my very favorite pictures from the past year, and mention a few of my favorite posts.  They're not necessarily great pieces of writing, sometimes they were a favorite just because the day was so beautiful. 
January - one of my first pictures.

January - RIP Jake.

February - ice fishing by moon light.  One of my favorites.

March - near Minnehaha Falls.  Not the lake,  but it still counts!

March - My favorite willows.

March sunset.

April - reminds me of a lady curtsying.

May - Minnehaha Creek just before Lake Nokomis.

June - Great Blue Heron.

June - a calm, peaceful Sunday morning.

July - after the rain.

August - runaway boat.

September - fall sailing.

October

November sunset.

November - pretty willows no matter what the season.

December - my lucky day!

December - I put this on my Facebook page previously, but not here.  First big snow of the season.

I think that the two posts that are my favorites were 'Sleep Walking' and 'Thank You".  But I think my favorite days of walking the lake were 'Walking on Water':  I think this was the first time that I actually enjoyed a very cold winter walk, 'You Say Potato - I say Crick':  this was an overcast, dreary Sunday morning, but the fresh spring green colors along the creek took my breath away,  and 'Reflections":  - another early Sunday morning - perfect day, calm water, comfortable temperature, not a cloud in the sky.  I spent a lot of time just hanging out, enjoying it.

This is not the end.  I think I will keep on taking pictures and blogging, though not just about this lake.  It's time to spread my wings and see what else I've been missing. 

I have very much appreciated all the support and comments from my friends and family.  I hope you have enjoyed seeing the lake through my eyes as much as I've enjoyed sharing it with you.   Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment