Thursday, September 13, 2012

I'm Back!

Have you missed me, Lake Nokomis?  I've missed you.  Even though I drive by you frequently, it's been a long time since I've actually been down to visit you.  But summer is over, and it's time to get back into a routine. 
It was a perfect afternoon to get back to the walking/photo taking/blogging routine.   The horrible hot, humid weather is, I hope, behind us, and I'm looking forward to a long, lovely fall.  I added the lagoon to my walk today.  It's so peaceful back there.  The whole walk was quiet.  I'm not talking about the traffic and the planes - they were still there.  It was something else.  Kids are back in school, vacations are over.  All the "extra" people were gone.  Don't get me wrong, I'm glad people use the city lakes and parks.  We're so very lucky to have one of the best park systems in the country.  And this is a beautiful place to spend a summer day.  But, I'm a bit selfish.    I'm glad to have "my lake" back.

No one on the playground.  There was one lone swimmer.  No one out sailing or paddling.  Only these two fishing under the bridge, no one on the fishing docks.  I wasn't forced off the sidewalk by people walking three abreast.  There were people, yet a sense of solitude.  It was peaceful.

I did see a lot of familiar faces today.  The regulars were out in full force.  Another nice thing.  We recognize each other.  We smile, nod, say hi, or at least most of us do. I saw Brandon, the guitar player.  Haven't seen him for quite awhile now.   He was walking his dog Willow, and of course had his guitar on his back.  He told me he's planning to move to California soon.  I'll miss seeing him and wish him well. 

The black walnuts were falling  - almost got hit by a couple. It was not an area to linger. 

OOPS!

Interesting plants - I have no idea what they are.  I would call them "bottle brushes", because that's what they look like.  Anyone?

That's all I have for today. 








No comments:

Post a Comment